July Update!

Hey guys! Kyle here,

I am going to be posting a monthly "letter from the editor" style post on the blog from now on. I just want to keep you all updated on what to expect in the coming weeks and share some of my own personal thoughts.

The blog has now been going for 4 months. It has expanded faster than I ever dreamed it could and the readership is also expanding. For that I would like to say thank you to everyone. I hope that in the coming months I will be able to focus on the blog as my only job, but that will take some time.

This month is Blues Fest and I hope that everyone who attends has a great time. Unfortunately the blog didn't qualify for press passes and we can't get in. If any readers want to have their pictures and videos posted on the blog I will accept them at subs.ottawasound@gmail.com.

There are also some exciting new articles and interviews coming this month. We will be posting on the blog at least once a week and the articles will from now on be up by 6:00pm (18:00hrs) on Monday at the latest. Also starting on July 15th we will be doing a weekly podcast. The podcasts will be uploaded to the blog's youtube channel, onto the podcast page on the website and also be posted on our bandcamp.

Finally, our marketing team has designed a T-Shirt which you can order from Booster at https://www.customink.com/fundraising/theottawasound. The website wouldn't let us put the price any lower but if we could we would. Depending on how sales go for this shirt we will design more and put them up for sale. The current shirt is white with the blog's logo on it. They are available until August 26th. We have also updated the Patreon page https://www.patreon.com/ottawasound and set it to monthly billing so feel free to check it out and if you feel like it donate! The lowest tier is $1.00 and still has a cool reward of a signed digital poster!

I would like to just say thank you to all of you for making my dreams come true and supporting us!
Love you all,
Kyle
Founder
The Ottawa Sound!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

History Of Recorded Sound Part 1: The Phonautograph and Phonograph

Why Don't Big Touring Acts Come To Ottawa?